Teachers & Educators
Special Services for Teachers
Special collection services offered to teachers and educators include:
Resources for class units and projects: Tell us about your upcoming unit or class assignment, and we will gather books and materials for you as needed! Then come pick up a whole stack at your convenience.
Customized booklists: Receive reading and resource lists by topic and grade level
- Primary sources: Our Local History Room has lots of these to help students with assignments
- Online resources: We subscribe to online resources to help your students with their assignments
- Extended loan periods: Check out classroom materials for up to 6 weeks at a time
- Common Core-alligned collections: We develop our collections of materials with the needs of teachers, parents and educators in mind!
After School Enrichment
We offer after-school clubs and programs for your students, that support literacy and STEM learning skills development, such as:
- Creation Club: For students grades 6-9. Create and edit videos, podcasts, images, 3D models and more
- Secret Science Club: For students grades 6-9. Crack the secret code, and do fun science experiments and projects!
- Creation Club Jr.: For students grades 3-5. Learn to create and edit videos, podcasts, images, 3D models and more
- Mission: Lego: For students grades 5-8. Learn to build and program LEGO robots to complete specific missions!
- Lego Brainstorms: For students grades 3-5. Join us for an introduction to LEGO Robotic programming followed by a mission challenge.
- Little Makers: For children ages 5-8, these hands-on programs facilitate the development of critical thinking, problem solving, and STEM skills
Field Trips & Classroom Visits
Field trips: Bring your class to the library for specialized tours and lessons. We can customize your visit to meet the needs of your class!
Classroom Visits: Let us come to you and get your class excited about the library, summer reading, and more!
Reserve a 3D Printer: You can schedule time up to 2 months in advance to bring your class to learn how this new technology works and see it in action!
Experience our Makerspaces
Fab Lab: Come make stickers, decals, wall art, tote bags, 3D printed objects, and more for your classroom! Or, bring your class in to see cutting edge technologies! The Fab Lab contains 5 3D printers printers, a vinyl cutter, sewing machines, K’nex kits, paper craft tools, jewelry making tools, knitting & crochet kits, and more.
Creation Lab: Come make videos, podcasts, and more. The Creation Lab contains a green screen wall, video and audio creation and editing hardware and software, and the Adobe Creative suite.
Little Makers: Discover, create, and build in this free play area for makers ages 5-8. The toys and programs found here facilitate the development of critical thinking, problem solving, and STEM skills.